November 2, 2012

Almond Orange Smoothie Recipe



























I was recently reading an older issue of Best Health Magazine when I stumbled across a delicious-sounding recipe for an Almond Orange Smoothie. I haven't had a chance to try out this recipe yet because I don't regularly stock limes and lemons, but I wanted to post it here now before I forgot about it:


Almond Orange Smoothie

1 cup vanilla-flavoured almond milk
1/2 cup orange juice
The juice from one lemon
The juice from one lime
1 tbsp honey
A handful of ice cubes

Place all ingredients into a blender. Mix until all ingredients are blended and the ice cubes have become small chunks. The consistency should be similar to that of a slushie. Enjoy!


This smoothie appears to be super simple, though I must admit that I am a little disappointed that it doesn't contain any actual fruit. But regardless it seems like it would be very refreshing and would be a great drink post-workout or on a hot summer day. I'll write an update to let you know my thoughts once I have actually been able to make this recipe. In the meantime, if any of you give it a try, I would love to know what you think!

Photo Credit: Green Plate Rule

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...