November 21, 2012

Orange Banana Strawberry Smoothie
























































One morning last week I had to wake up extremely early for work. By extremely I mean approximately two full hours earlier than I normally do; my feet hit the floor before the clock chimed 5am. It was painful. So I am sure you can understand the fact that when I stumbled around getting ready, I wasn't completely conscious. And so when I went to make my normal breakfast, it didn't quite work out as planned.

I let the dog out and bumbled my way around the kitchen, getting out all the kitchen tools I would need to make my morning smoothie. Imagine my absolute disappointment when I opened the fridge to discover that I had forgotten to buy unsweetened vanilla yogurt, and I was completely out. But no problem, I regularly take individually-package yogurt cups to work, and these would be a suitable substitute.

The only problem with using this yogurt, however, is that none of the flavours were really appropriate to mix with peanut butter, which is a normal staple in my smoothie. I decided that strawberry would likely be the least offensive, so I went with that. I broke up my banana, and at the last second I decided to use vanilla protein powder in place of the peanut butter. I reached into the fridge for my almond milk...

And then I discovered that I had also forgotten to buy this as well. I was standing there like a complete fool wondering what to do next, as all my ingredients were good to go, except they now had nothing to bind them together and make them smooth. Which is kind of important when you are trying to make a smoothie. I was contemplating adding water to my smoothie {doubt this would have gone well} when I noticed that we had some orange juice in the fridge. I figured it was worth a shot, so I dumped this in and blended.

I am so pleased to say that my concoction was one of the most delicious smoothies I have ever had. Born from a semi-random and mostly coincidental blend of ingredients, is something that tastes heavenly. In case you want to see what all the fuss is about, here is the recipe:

Orange Banana Strawberry Smoothie

2 standard size yogurt cups, strawberry flavour
1 large banana, chunked
3 tbsp vanilla protein powder
1 1/2 cup no pulp orange juice

Place ingredients into blender, in order indicated above {this makes less mess}. Blend until all chunks of banana are gone, and consistency of mixture is smooth. Enjoy!

Photo Credit: Indulgy

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I feel like this would taste like a fruity sherbet. Pretty photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty similar to sherbet!
      Thanks but I can't take credit for the photo - it's from Indulgy.com: http://indulgy.com/post/9nOOgilBD1/orange-pushup-smoothie

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...