February 17, 2013

You Can't Always Go Home



























I have huge news: My husband and I are selling our house and moving to the city! While this is incredibly exciting news, it is also quite stressful. We put our house on the market on Friday, and since that time we have barely been home. Yesterday I left the house at 8:25am as we had a showing at 8:30 {ughhh so early} and then I wasn't able to go back home until 5:00pm, as there were six other showings and an open house booked throughout the day. Today hasn't been quite as packed full of showings, but there have been at least four of them, meaning that I haven't been able to spend much time at home either. To pass the time I have been seeing friends and frequenting many malls and coffee shops.

While I have always dreamed of being one of those people who seem to spend endless time in the couches at a coffee shop, I am not enjoying this quite as much as I thought I would. Living my life on other people's schedule really isn't ideal, as it takes a lot of planning and adjustment. First of all, my husband and I had to figure out what to do with our dog, as we can't bring her to hang out in the coffee shop with us, nor can we leave her at home {thank you to gracious our family that it currently looking after her!}. Secondly, we had to be selective in the places that we chose to go; we couldn't be too far away in case we needed to return home to deal with an offer or any other real estate-related concern. But, living in the suburbs doesn't allow for many interesting places to go, and none of them so far have allowed us the creature comforts of home. Even though I haven't done much, the stress of being kicked out of my home and the impending life change have made me tired. But no naps in the coffee shop...

Photo Credit: Bergreen Barometer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...