April 22, 2013

Pastel Polish























Though the weather has been kind of schizophrenic lately, I think it may be safe to say that spring is finally here! I am so pleased that the weather is finally nice enough to once again wear flats, but what I am most excited about is pastel nail polish. I used to hate pastel polish as I always thought it looked a little fake - not that black or other nail polishes looked any more 'real' - but darker colours tends to be a little more forgiving to mistakes. But this year I have jumped right on the pastel polish bandwagon, and I can't get enough of it. I want to paint my nails soft blue and mint green and baby pink and lavender!

I indulged my opaque obsession by purchasing a very soft pink pastel polish. Though I love it and quite simply can't get enough of it right now, those same old problems that made me so against this polish in the past still remain. For instance, I find pastel polish a lot harder to apply nicely than darker colours. I'm not quite sure why this is, but I am sure if you have ever swiped on a pastel polish you know what I mean. Also, you have to have perfect cuticles {and heaven forbid hang nails!} if you want to pull this look off without having it look scraggly and unkempt. The light tones of the pastel polish stand in stark contrast to little cuts and tend to make cracked cuticles stand right out.

The moral of this story is that if you want to pull off pastel polish, the best way to do so is to have a professional make the look happen for you. But for all us fugal girls out here - practice makes perfect! Thank goodness I have lots of spring weather ahead to practice painting my nails pretty pastel pink...

Photo Credit: Rachel's Fashion Patch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...