May 21, 2013

Feta & Veggie Salad Recipe




























Before I get into the meat of this post, I would like to clarify something: I am pretty certain I have the name of this salad all wrong. I know this because I just made it up for the purpose of this post, and I have no clue what the real name is. And frankly, when you taste this salad you won't care what the real name is either, because you will be too busy having your mouth full and simultaneously trying to ask for more. It's that good, regardless of whatever it's really called. Here's the recipe:


Feta & Veggie Salad

1 pkg cherry tomatoes
1 whole English cucumber
1 large green pepper
200 gram pkg cubed feta cheese
2 tbsp Mediterranean salad dressing

1. Wash the cherry tomatoes and slice in half.

2. Slice the cucumber vertically into thick slices {approximately 1 cm in thickness}. Cut each slice twice, making each cut perpendicular to each other, so that each slice of cucumber now becomes four triangle-shaped pieces.

3. Cut the green pepper vertically into thick strips. Cut each strip horizontally so that the pepper is diced into large chunks.

4. Add all vegetables into a large bowl and mix. Add feta and salad dressing and mix again, until the dressing appears to be evenly distributed. Enjoy!


Though I haven't tried it yet, I think that quinoa may be a delicious addition to this salad, to add some much-needed protein. Let me know what you think if you give it a try!

Photo Credit: this & that blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...